Adhese has always been an advocate of transparency and complete control over data held by the customer. This policy will not change. Not now, not in the future.
What we do
The Adhese ad serving platform enables our customers to deliver targeted online advertising campaigns. This targeting can function without the use of personal identification, but depending on the implementation, Adhese account holders might choose to use personal identification for targeting.
Adhese operates as a Processor within the framework of the GDPR. We do not make decisions about data, but we implement the wishes of our clients (i.e. publisher or brand). Our software does not store or process personal identification by default. Only if the correct consent flag is forwarded, personal identification can be used.
It's your data
With Adhese, publishers and brands can guarantee their users 100% privacy. Adhese enables clients to have full control over their users' data, making sure nobody can drop cookies or access personal data when not allowed.
All the data Adhese collects is, and stays, the exclusive property of our customers. Adhese will not share or sell this data and does not have the right to do so either. Adhese ensures that clients keep control and ownership, and never claims data ownership. All collected data stays within the customer’s server environment and they decide what happens with it.
An Adhese account runs like a silo, so that no data can be shared with other Adhese customers. Both the database and all public implementations are entirely independent of each other.
If a publisher wants to share data with other parties (SSP, DSP, DMP, CRM, direct advertisers or other publishers), then they can do this via the User Sync service that makes external services accessible to users in a controlled manner.
Personal identification and consent policy
Adhese account holders can collect any type of data through the Adhese technology. A distinction needs to be made between two types of data:
- Personal identification is used to identify, contact, or locate a person, through identifiers like your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address, IP address, device ID, assigned cookie id, ... Adhese does not collect or assign any personal identifier by default during any stage of the ad delivery process. When an account holder wants to use a personal identifier, they need to ask the user for consent in a free and informed way.
- By default, our technology only collects non-personally identifiable information. This information is data about, for example, the internet browser, operating system, the context of the app or page visited, ...
The Adhese Ad Server sends an Adhese cookie to a browser when a visitors opens a web page of one of our customers for the first time, only when a valid consent flag is passed.
The Adhese cookie contains a unique value to identify a previous visitor but does not contain any personal information to identify someone. Even so, it will only be set when consent was asked and received.
Adhese employs cookies for several purposes. Cookies enable our customers to, for example,
- to deliver relevant ads based on, for example, location or device
- to measure performance, such as the number of unique visitors and the click-through rate of an ad
- to run retargeting campaigns
- to limit the delivery of a specific ad to a given visitor (called frequency capping)
We keep on being transparent and building the much-needed trust in the market. If you have any questions or want more information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.